Thursday, January 12, 2012

East Timor, what?!

So, the deal is I'm leaving New York and going to East Timor for 6 months as an electoral officer to follow-up and observe the presidential elections out there!
At this point, I bet a few of you are thinking, "can't this girl ever stay put?!", the answer to that is probably "No, doesn't seem so!". Some might be thinking, "she's nuts, she's living in New York, one of the coolest cities on earth and she's trading it for Timor, wtf!" and to that I might answer "True, true, but how many chances in your lifetime do you get to go to Timor??" and New York will still be here in 6 months with a glorious summer waiting for me and I get to escape the winter as well, so double bonus!
The truth is the job market in New York is not the best at the moment and I was given this opportunity to go to East Timor back in August, sure, the timing isn't perfect but I think it's gonna be a hell of a ride and a great experience!
I think the hardest part of this experience will be being away from J for so long, we've done it before but it's never easy! In the best of both worlds he would be coming with me, or I would find a great job in NY but that's not what's happening right now so East Timor, here I come!
And in the process, I will keep blogging, hopefully some of you will read it, some of you might get to learn more about Timor like I will, and hopefully come along on the adventure with your comments and whatnot, regardless, I'll just keep writing, like always...

1 comment:

  1. Boa estada em Timor,
    Dá-me notícias tuas e de comidas exóticas. Fico á espera .
    Bj Ana

    ReplyDelete